We at Fermanagh Fun Farm take your health and safety very seriously and have put in measures, to minimise any risks, while visiting the farm.
By law we must inform you, all animals naturally carry some micro organisms, which can be transmitted to humans where they may cause ill health. Whilst the hazards are real, the risk of infection is low
and can be readily controlled by following these simple practical steps which will make your visit even more safe, healthy and enjoyable.Feeding and Touching the Animals
- You MUST ensure that you and your children wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling the animals and particularly before consuming food and drink.
- You MUST ensure that children under five are supervised by a responsible adult whilst washing their hands.
- Use the disinfected mats to clean footwear and wheels on prams etc, when entering and leaving the farm.
CLEANSING WIPES OR ANTI BACTERIAL GEL ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROPER HAND WASHING
- Washing facilities are located in the handling shed and nearby toilet block.
- DO NOT – consume food or drink in the animal areas.
- Expectant mothers should refrain from handling all sheep and lambs during the lambing season.
- When feeding the animals please ensure that you and your children feed with their HANDS FLAT. Animals cannot tell the difference between fingers and food.
- Most of our animals enjoy a cuddle. If you would like to hold an animal please ask a member of staff.
- DO NOT – enter any animal enclosure unless invited to do so by a member of staff.
Smoking is NOT permitted anywhere on our premises. A smoking area is available at the side of the tearoom (road side).Disclaimer
Customers coming to the farm must make themselves aware of this and the procedures in place, before coming to the farm. Fermanagh Fun Farm can't be held liable, as we have put measures in place to minimise this risk.